Thursday, March 27, 2008

Insperation

The visit to her friends house a few nights ago has really inspired my partner. Finally a healthy friend in her ife that has offered her positive inspiration. This new friend is very new age, yoga instructer, in touch with your inner self kind of person. Her home is apparently very, zen. My partner came home with a bunch of ideas and motivation to improve upon our cluttered paintless feelingless home. We have lived in the same appartment for seven years and have yet to paint or do any kind of "improvements" with the exception of our bedroom. The walls are hidious to be nice about it. The primer the building so generously put up on the walls has not withstood the test of time. For the past week my partner and I have been studying paint chips and have finally come to decisions about what color each room will be painted.
As well my partner has always wanted and I have always wanted to provide her with a "space" of her own. A place that she can meditate, read and just spend some alone time. The trouble was we could just not see how that would be possible. We do not have a spare room to speak of. What inspired her while at her new friends house was that you can take a space in your home no matter the size and create a space. So in having that inspiration we are in construction of a meditation space for my partner. Finally she can have her own meditation room. She has spent countless hours this week painting and planning the area. From my perspective it is so nice to see her motivated to get something done. The walls are painted in a stunning color (Grounded) and I can see in my minds eye how the area is going to not only be a nice relaxing room for her but also tie beautifully into our living space. We are going to build a "wall" screen out of chain link fence posts and beautiful fabric to seperate the space from our living area. That is the part I am allowed to construct. I am so excited to be able to add to the project. Its been a good week. I will post pictures of the space when it is completed.









No comments: